May 11, 2017

things i love thursday




"God has promised to supply all our needs. What we don't have now we don't need now."
-ELISABETH ELLIOT



Summer Summer Summer Summer!!!!

Tennessee has come through and delivered the perfect "spring" weather (as far as I'm concerned)! 60° mornings and 85° afternoons. Warm, breezy (is this called "balmy"?) evenings with the scent of honeysuckle wafting around. I can admit that the weather greatly affects my mood.

Last night the teacher I normally help was out of town so I had the class on my own. I read a character story, but since it was fairly short I tacked on an animal story about a pack rat that was discontent. We talked about contentment for awhile, and I really enjoyed listening to their perspective. Contentment has been a thought on my mind for awhile, and last night I decided I really need to spend more time focusing on the people and things I love rather than comparison and impatience.

I don't want to give the impression that I'm a bubbly, lighthearted person because I'm pretty sure if you asked my family, they would tell you I lean towards being more of a pessimist than an optimist! But the past few weeks have been busy, warm, and glorious, and I am thrilled about it. Here are some things I've been loving.


honeysuckle infused sunsets | Dougy kisses | afternoons in the sunshine | cleaning out the pool (y'all ever burnt the inside of your elbow? try not to) | books | "Yard Sale-ing" with my friend | baking | shopping (online and in store! I've turned over a new leaf) | coffee with hazelnut creamer | park picnics & slip-n-side with the kids (I get to hold the water hose and give them an icy spray!) | a new thermos (it made my day, being an adult is so weird) | ice cream cones | churches that feel like a second home-church and an extra family (talking about Ridge Road!) | sleeping babies | Alabama & family reunions - we always come home with chocolate oatmeal cookies from Aunt Julie and almond bark candy from Aunt Pam - it's kind of nice when your dad's the "little brother" of ten people! | home



Are your windows open? Are you getting fresh air? Have you colored a coloring page lately? All of these things lift my perspective so much, I hope you have a chance to experience them soon! Last night one of the last things one of the kids said was, "Miss Kelley, you are so neat, you like coloring with us!" The yellow crayon I was using for the flowers is the same one I would have used to color in my spirit when she told me that. Do something with some children, they make everything a little more colorful!

20 minutes after taking this picture the 3 littles were sacked out! I just love their white hair :)


Have a beautiful weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment